After having so many Christmas leftovers from Christmas Day. It was time to come up with a recipe for Boxing Day that everybody would eat. So if you have been watching Bridget Jones first thing that comes to mind is a Turkey Curry. But most my kids dont like curry so it was time to bring the slow cooker out again for the 3rd time over Christmas to do a crock pot stew with dumplings. So here is my simple and easy cheats reipe.
1lb Frozen Peas & Sweetcorn mix
12 Pigs in blankets in bite size pieces
2lb Turkey left overs in bite size
1 handful of pre-cooked cabbage and broccoli
2 Potatoes diced up
Aprox 2 ltrs of turkey gravy
Get a mix from local supermarket or shop
Christmas Leftovers Method
- Put all your vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add all your diced up precooked cold turkey and your pigs in blankets on top of the vegetables.
- Then add as much turkey gravy as you need to cover all your ingredients. I prefer the gravy to be a bit thicker as it will thin down over the time in the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on top and put the slow cooker on low for the next 7 hours.
- 90 minutes from the end you need to make the dumplings. I normally use a tesco mix which you just add water to and will make 6 dumplings. And you will just need to dust in a little flour.
- Place them on the top of the stew for a further 60-70 mins.
- And then serve and enjoy.